Monday, June 13, 2011

The Value of a Tony ... and a Blog

Now that the Tony Awards are over, for this year at least, it is time for some wrap up and to look forward to the next season (and next year's Tony Awards!). I found this article on the New York Times blog about the value of winning a Tony Award ... the extent to which a Tony win can increase a show's ticket sales. Check out the link below to read the article and let me know what you think.

And, with that, it is time to look forward to the next round of Tony Awards and the next year of this blog. I will be taking the summer away from this blog except to report about new openings (like Spider-Man, which opens tomorrow night) and other major news that can't go without reporting. Let me know what you would like to see more of this year and I will do my best to make it happen.


http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/06/09/just-how-much-is-a-tony-worth/?ref=theaterspecial

1 comment:

  1. What about more of your own observations, in addition to reporting on what the critics say? Maybe even commentary on the critics' point of view, when you have something to say about that. Some things that might get a discussion going with your readers once in a while, in addition to just reporting on what can be read elsewhere. But then, I usually don't follow blogs so I don't know what is customary. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete