Friday, April 29, 2011

Oscar Winner Robert DeNiro Eyeing Broadway

Two-time Academy Award Winner Robert DeNiro, star of such films as Taxi Driver, The Godfather, Goodfellas, and Raging Bull, has expressed interest in coming to Broadway. This interest was expressed in an interview with Charlie Rose recently when the two, along with Tribeca Film Festival co-founder Jame Rosenthal, discussed that festival's 10th year. When Rose asked DeNiro had ever considered retuning to the theater, DeNiro's response was, “I’ve been thinking about it recently because I’ve seen friends of mine in plays: Ben Stiller is in a play, Robin Williams is in a play, Al [Pacino] I’ve seen in his plays,” said De Niro. “So, I’ve thought of it, I just don’t know what at this point. It’s a commitment of time and so on, so I’m looking for stuff.”

No comments:

Post a Comment