Friday, June 8, 2012

Rodgers and Hammerstein Row

Before Tony weekend comes into full force tomorrow, I wanted to post something a little fun.  I've been seeing a lot of shows lately and must have passed a certain street sign more times than I am able to count.  This sign is located at the corner of 44th Street and 8th Avenue and is notable for labeling the block of 44th Street between 8th Ave and Broadway as "Rodgers and Hammerstein Row".  I have never really thought about why that monicker is there, but Playbill.com seems to have an answer.  They wrote an article that I found on their website today.  Check it out at the link below!  I will be posting my final predictions tomorrow and will be posting all night long during the Tony's on Sunday.

http://playbill.com/news/article/166759-ASK-PLAYBILLCOM-Why-Is-West-44th-Street-Called-Rodgers-Hammerstein-Row

No comments:

Post a Comment