Saturday, May 12, 2012

Zooey Deschanel to Star as Loretta Lynne

On May 10th, from the stage of the Ryman Auditorium during Opry Country Classics, country music legend Loretta Lynn announced that she has chosen Grammy and Golden Globe-nominated actress Zooey Deschanel to star as Lynn in the Broadway musical adaptation of Coal Miner's Daughter.  It was from the same place that, in 1979, that Lynn announced that she had chosen Sissy Spacek to portray her in the film adaptation that won Spacek her Academy Award.

“It’s a long way from Butcher Holler to Broadway in New York City. I never imagined I’d see Coal Miner’s Daughter on a movie screen, and now I can’t believe it’s going to be on a stage for people to see,” said Lynn. “I’m going to be right there in the front row. And I know Zooey is going to be great – she sings and writes her own songs just like I do, and we even have the same color eyes!”

“Loretta Lynn and her music have been inspirations for me for as long as I can remember,” added Deschanel. “She is a true legend and to be chosen to play such an iconic woman is a dream come true.”

No comments:

Post a Comment