Thursday, November 18, 2010

And the Word of the Day is ...

In many ways, I actually feel sorry for kids these days who don't have what my generation did.  And one of those things was Pee-Wee's Playhouse.  Well, now I may have gotten some of my wish that kids get to know the joys of my childhood.  ("Wish!  Did somebody say WISH??")  Pee Wee, or, rather, his alter ego Paul Reubens, has brought the whole gang to Broadway at the Stephen Sondheim Theatre, including the talking chair and window, Jambi, and the most beautiful woman in Puppetland herself, Miss Yvonne.  The show itself is much like an extended episode of the original TV show, including the word of the day and the same old songs and dances from the show.  It's much like nostalgia for those who still remember the show and a great way to introduce new audiences to the old material.

No comments:

Post a Comment